Pay for a Day
By paying for a day, you will make a real and tangible difference to the lives of people being treated here at St John’s. Your special day could become their most precious day as well.
The Hospice is open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Every hour there is a man, a woman, a family member, a carer relying on our services. For some they seek relief from pain, for others support after bereavement or a place to find comfort and companionship. Whatever their need, without the services the hospice offers even for a day, life would be unbearable.
You can choose any day that is special to you – maybe a birthday, anniversary or public holiday. You can even dedicate it to the memory of a loved one who has died so that their memory will bring joy into the lives of those we care for. For organisations, you can choose a day that is significant to your staff or members.
Whatever your reason is, paying for a day at St John’s Hospice is a wonderful way to make that special day precious for you and for so many others.
Everyday of the year is available on a first come first served basis and there is no limit to the number of days you can pay for.
It costs £13,351 to run the Hospice for a whole day
It costs £8,194 to run the Inpatient Unit for a whole day
It costs £1,452 to run the Day Services unit for a whole day
There are many ways you can pay for a day:
- Make a one-off donation
- Raise money by taking part in fundraising activities
- Give through your organisation
- Host a fundraising event with friend, family or colleagues to raise the money.
If you do decide you want to pay for a day, we will help you celebrate your day by:
- Presenting you with a framed certificate of support
- Recognising your heroism with a page on our website and Facebook on your special day about you and why you have chosen to pay for this particular day
- Offering you a visit to the hospice so that you can see first hand the care and compassion we give to our patients and their families, thanks to your support.